Saturday, August 08, 2009

Love you Bai

I had a dream, a bizarre one ( all dreams are), a greeny neighbourhood, a big house we stay in, (Looked more like Kharaghpur house ) an old friendly neighbour who always greets with a smile and keeps talking, a cage full of parrots with the chirping sound, big rangoli... one fine morning we wake up to see bai.. with her usual small briefcase standing .. she comes in and says "vaanchn othen mee..kasa ki deva baalla dela uttun evungalen"Everyone flocks around her, talk a lot about some developments here and there and finally I go ..to tell some personal development that happened in my life.. give her a big hug and start crying, everyone ( my sisters- appu, meenu and nuni)try to calm me butI keep crying and crying only to find that there is no house , no bai, no neighbours but just the tear in my eyes.

and I get up to put this post..

This has been a long time due and given my urge to procrastinate things this never happened till I get a dream that makes me hop from my bed to sit down blogging...

We lost Bai last August, somehow I had never thought she will leave us. I thought for her amazing will power no disease or disorder could do her any harm..just a year ago I had seen her fight for her life and recover in record time after a deadly Angio, sheerly by her will power.

A very delicate but a bold soul who battled all alone for the last 30 years, she was always there as a pillar for guidance, a moral support to everyone and will go all the way to help in spite of her old age and limitations.

Bai and I always shared a special affection for each other. Pathu maatha bandam we used to call it...

Love you and Miss you bai!!!

No comments: